Thursday, March 10, 2011

My Epiphany!

I was only going to post to the blog once a day.  Though, last night I had an epiphany!  So this will be a two post day as well.  I did however type the majority of this last night!
Here it is...
I have The One Year Bible. This Bible has daily readings that include some of the Old Testament, some of the New Testament, some Psalms, and some Proverbs each day. Each reading takes approximately 15 minutes. By the end of the year you will read through the entire Bible, by just reading about 15 minutes a day! Me being the over analyzer, over thinker, and slight over achiever that I am, decided to figure out how many of these daily readings I would need to do in order to read through the entire Bible during this fast. The answer? A little over 9! This equals roughly 2 hours, and 15 minutes a day! I am sure that I spend that much time on Facebook and/or watching TV a day! So then I thought I would figure out how many times I could read though the Bible a year if I continued on! The answer? Also 9! So, if I spend about the length of time it takes to watch a movie, reading the Bible every day, in the course of 10 years, I will have read through the entire Bible 90 times! This is mind boggling to me! 2 hours, and 15 minutes a day! I have wasted too much of my life!


Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment